Many of Pennsylvania’s State Game Lands have what they called “designated routes” which are open to use by horses and bicyclists. Access is restricted during hunting seasons. It’s probably always a good idea to wear hi-viz colors when using these areas!
The rules for these trails are confusing. We’ve tried to clarify:
- You can always ride on roads open to public travel.
- Riding on Sundays is permitted year-round
(except presumably the new Sunday-hunting days)
- Riding is NOT permitted from the last Saturday in September thru the third Saturday in January
(except non-hunting Sundays).
- Riding is NOT permitted before 1 pm from the second Saturday in April thru the last Saturday in May.
- Designated trails should be marked
Does that make sense? Argh.
Find more info including some maps at: