We created this page to try to share useful and accurate information on trails for horse riding and horse driving in Central Pennsylvania. These guides are centered around State College and Altoona. 2023 will probably focus more on State College and Black Moshannon.
We’ve written the following trail guides based on actual recent field experience at these locations! They are up to date as of 2022, and we will try to update them in 2023.
- Horseback Riding Guide: Lower Trail
- Horseback Riding Guide: Glendale Lake (Prince Gallitzin)
- Horseback Riding Guide: Canoe Creek
- Horseback Riding Guide: Wopsononock Tract
- Horseback Riding Guide: Pennsylvania Rail Trails
- Horseback Riding Guide: Pennsylvania State Game Lands
Places You Can’t Ride
The following is some information on trails which unfortunately prohibit horseback riding .
Ideas for Future Rides
We added our first page discussing an idea for a future riding project:
Comments are Welcome
If you’d like to suggest a place to ride, improvements to our guides, or anything else meaningful, send us a message. We don’t do social media!