If you’re looking for places to ride (or drive) your horse that are close to State College and Penn State, this page is here to give you some ideas.
First, this map gives a slippy map overview of places to ride in the area. If you point to a trail in the list at right, it will highlight on the map.
Some suggestions are:
- Rothrock State Forest – many different regions, see map!
- Bald Eagle State Forest – many different regions, see map!
- Moshannon State Forest (Black Moshannon park) – trail guide
- Penn State’s Stone Valley Forest – see map
- Tuscarora State Forest – Lewistown area
- Wopsononock Tract – trail guide
- Lower Rail Trail – trail guide
- Canoe Creek State Park – trail guide